Friday, March 4, 2011

Same Movie, Same Night

Aside from editing pictures, I also watched a movie twice. The Shawshank Redemption is the top movie of all time according to IMDB.com. It was a 1994 film. I have been wanting to see that movie for so long and at long last, I downloaded it's torrent last night. 
There is fear and loneliness in his eyes that breaks my heart.

 My favorite part was when Brooks had a parole but he fears leaving the Shawshank since that's the only life he knows for he had been there for about 50 years. It crushed my heart in the part where he writes a letter to his inmates about how different the outside world is and how lonely it is to be in a place where nobody seemed to care about you. He cannot cope with it and so he decided to end his life.  Here's his letter:
Dear fellas,
I can't believe how fast things move on the outside. I saw an automobile one when I was a kid but now they're everywhere. The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry. The parole board got me into this halfway house called The Brewer and a job bagging groceries at the Food Way.  It's hard work and I try to keep up but my hands hurt most of the time. I don't think the store manager likes me very much. Sometimes after work, I go to the park and feed the birds. I kept thinking Jake might just show up and say hello. But he never does. I hope wherever he is, he's doing okay and making new friends. I have trouble sleeping at night. I have bad dreams like I'm falling. I wake up scared. Sometimes it takes me a while to remember where I am. Maybe I should get me a gun and rob the Food Way so they'd send me home. I could shoot the manager while I was at it. Sort of like a bonus. I guess I'm too old for that sort of nonsense anymore. I don't like it here. I;m tired of being afraid all the time. I've decided not to stay. I doubt they'll kick up any fuss... not or an old crook like me.

OK, I won't spoil the whole movie for those who haven't seen it yet. But, that movie is really a must-watch!

"These walls are funny. First you hate them, then you get used to them. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That's"institutionalized".
"Some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away..the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. But still... the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they are gone." -Red, The Shawshank Redemption

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...